Thursday, May 3, 2012

N is for Now I've got that Vitamin C song in my head...

It's May and it is cah-ray-zee. We had a field trip two weeks ago and we have another one tomorrow. On top of all of that, just about every grade has a field trip between now and the end of school on May 23!

I'm still fleshing out what I want to focus on for the last two full weeks. My firstie friend is doing a baseball unit so I've been thinking about piggy-backing of off that and we've talked about combining our efforts to make a super unit. K vs. 1st baseball game, anyone!?

May 18th we are doing our Kindergarten graduation. I am so excited!! (I'm going to use that word a lot.)

There are a lot of other things to do in the next fifteen days but my mind has been on this graduation. I've never been to one let alone planned one!

Our K team started off by ordering paper graduation caps and a "diploma".


This one was my trial run with ugly twine on the tassel but I think they're really cute. I want to leave them white and the other K teachers want to let the kids color them. I like how they look "grown up" but I see the appeal of coloring them too.

Our amazing music teacher is working with the Kinders on two songs they will be singing for their parents. I haven't heard them in full yet but my kids keep singing snippets of them during class and, once again, I am EXCITED!

After the ceremony kids and parents are coming back into their classrooms for a reception. I know I'm going to have a slide show and some refreshments, but other than that I'm still looking for ways to celebrate. First, I think I'm going to have a fancy cake! (Full disclosure: I love cake.)

I've done some research for ideas and I have found some really great things.

For example, I loooove this idea from Color Outside the Lines.




Our school has a big push of getting kids to college. This fits right in! I did some math and I figured out that my Kinders will graduate in 2024. (I know, right!!) I want to change up how we'll make the faces and perhaps include some local colleges in it, too.

Growing Kinders has a super cute book for kids to fill out about their year. And it's FREE! I love the "Autographs" page.

Oh and I've GOT to make these.

Kindergarten Graduation anyone???


How about take home treats! Ahh!

Simple Girl At Home (with other fun ideas)


Finally, Chalk Talk has about a billion ideas for the end of school. There is so much to choose from! I'm looking for ways to celebrate our parents in this as well.

Okay. That's enough "research". I'm getting all riled up and it's past my bedtime already.

Needless to say, I'm so excited about this. These babies were BABIES when I got them. Thinking back to that first day makes me feel...um... panic? But now! NOW! They have come so far! I can't wait to celebrate it with them and their families.

I hope you found some fun ideas too!

-Ms. A

1 comment:

  1. What a fun and exciting post! They make such HUGE growth in K and 1st....from caterpillars to butterflies! =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower and I also want to say Welcome to blogging! I hope you love it as much as I do. =)

    I would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance.

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete