Wednesday, May 2, 2012

F is for Fresh Start

Okay, so, pretend you have a big test to take. A final even! If you're me, you've got to be in the right state of mind to begin studying. So before I ever took my books out, I cleaned my room from top to bottom. Afterwards it was refreshing to feel like I had a clean slate (not to mention that it was a useful way to put off studying).

That's like how this blog has felt. Well... it's not much of a blog. Yet. (I hope.)

I had it all set up months ago. I mustered up the ambition to start and then got overwhelmed. I follow so many fabulous people and wonder how in the world they do it. How do they keep their blogs up to date? Where do they get their awesome ideas? HOW CAN THEY PUT TOGETHER AN ENTIRE 70 PAGE UNIT ON BUGS?! You know... stuff like that.

As soon as I finished putting together my first post, I logged off and didn't look back. I've thought about it a lot. I've planned things with the intention of posting about them. I've even taken pictures of awesome things I've done in my classroom with my kiddos. But ultimately my room was a mess (so to speak).

I spent some quality time today with one of my favorite new teaching buddies, Elisabeth, over at Tales of an Elementary Teacher. I had a great time with her talking about all of the new things we've been trying in our classrooms and how we are both working to break into the teacher blog world. Talking with her kicked me in the butt to look back at my lousy ol' blog and see what I could do.

So tonight, I revamped. I changed my blog title, spruced up some colors and fiddled around with a header. It truly does feel like a clean room, ready to fill up with ideas and new learning.

Here it goes.

- Ms. A

Bloggy design credits to:

Background from Scrappin' Doodles
Lovely frame up top by Love Two Teach

No comments:

Post a Comment