Monday, June 11, 2012

F is for Father's Day FREEBIE!

Father's Day is one of those days that I think about a lot when it comes to kids.

When we celebrated Mother's Day we talked about moms. We also talked about all kinds of people who act like mothers and how to celebrate those people, too. However, when it came down to it, everyone of my kiddos had a mom in their lives. And that is awesome in about 100 different ways. I got lots of positive feedback from moms who loved what their kids made at school for their special day.

When it comes to Father's Day, I tend to get a lump in my throat. I want to make sure every child feels included but I have so many kids who don't have fathers in their lives. I even have several who don't have men in their lives at all.

Basically, it's something that is on my mind and on my heart. We no longer live in a time where the only option for families is to have one mom and one dad at home. I want to do all I can to help kids honor what their families look like, no matter who they go home to at night.

With that being said, I have a Freebie activity that can celebrate dads, grandpas, moms, neighbors... Which ever person a kiddo will pick to celebrate on Sunday. It is a fun and easy project and I'm looking forward to doing it with my summer school Kinder class.

Click on the Rock Stars below for your download!


If you decide to use my Freebie, please comment and let me know! I would also appreciate a follow if you can!

Happy "Fill in the Blank" Day. 

- Ms. A

No comments:

Post a Comment